View Single Post
Old 03-16-2015, 04:08 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Breaking Bad - finished watching

I watched all of it, except the last 8 episodes, over a year ago. Recently just watched the entire final season.

I guess if I was super motivated and really, really into it, I would have finished a long time ago.

I like the artistry of the series. It was more ambitious than almost any show I have watched. The slow pace at times. The setups. The philosophizing that was merely implied instead of explicated.

Great performance by Bryan Cranston and the rest of the no-name cast.

I actually even came to like the scenery and setting. I've driven through ABQ many times and have always considered New Mexico something between an armpit and a taint. But you know? I could actually imagine what it would be like to live a middle class life there. Wouldn't want it. But could imagine it. So that redeems New Mexico in my eyes a little bit.

The science was kinda fun.

They never really did a whole lot about the underbelly of meth use. So we missed that part. Walter White didn't get to see the devastation that resulted in his millions. But a series can't do everything.

I'll have to think about where this series will end up on my all-time list. My top 3 are Lost, Sopranos, and The Wire. I don't think BB supplants any of those. But it's up near them.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote