View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013, 09:14 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Did some speed reading and went through both articles.

To say that I barely follow Dehlin would be an overstatement. I may have listened to one or two podcasts a few years ago. I must have, because I have in my mind what his voice sounds like.

If you have followed what I have said on CG, then you have noted that my opinion (which is largely ignorant) of Dehlin has grown darker and darker with time.

"I am an innocent true seeker" has become "I am the self-appointed leader of a new movement in Mormonism." I don't trust people like that, speaking generally.

Some of you may not remember that Dehlin is actually a registered member of CG. He has posted twice. http://cougarguard.com/forum/member.php?u=463

I had thought that he had posted here requesting that someone take over Mormon Stories. But that appears not to be the case. Someone else here probably just advertised that he wanted someone to take over.

What if someone had? I remember briefly turning the idea over in my head, and rejecting the idea. Didn't have the interest (much less time and energy).

Unfortunately, I will no doubt be seeing Dehlin's name in the news for years to come, cited as an authority and expert <hurl>.

Anyway, I don't have much to say about the articles. Since I don't follow Dehlin I can't really say if they are fair or unfair. Don't really care much either. I've already rejected Dehlin as someone worth paying any attention.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote