View Single Post
Old 09-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #14
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas dan View Post
Not sure what your budget is, but if you do it yourself, or have help from family it is about 25% of the cost. I had people come in and give me bids on my kitchen. They were all in the range of 20-25K. I ended up doing it myself, after watching HGTV for a week, and did the whole thing for about 6K, including all new appliances. We put in tile, tile backspash, cabinets, lighting fitures, etc. We actually got our cabinets from IKEA. They are very easy to install and are pretty nice. The thing about cabinets is unless you get custom they will probably be made out of particle board. That was my worry about buying the IKEA cabinets. We went to Home Depot to see what their prefab caninets were like, and it was the same thing. So I wouldn't worry to much about the quality of the IKEA stuff. As for the shower... I am not sure what you are going to do with the doors, but I would estimate about $400 for the whole thing. Let me know if you have any questions about this stuff. Or if you want to see installed IKEA cabinets in a house. Although I am a geeky accountant.... I have done a lot of handyman stuff.
So, did you do your kitchen plumbing yourself? We're putting in new countertops, sink, and fixtures and the countertop guy said we needed to call a plumber to hook up the sink and the fixtures. Is this something I could do myself (including the butt crack peaking out of low-hanging jeans), or is it best to avoid the hassle and hire a plumber? Would I need a bunch of plumbing tools?

Any advise from a geeky accountant would be greatly appreciated.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote