View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 04:07 PM   #93
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
Is this something based on studies, experience, what? What is your basis for the sliding scale of SSA?
Okay, here’s the answer on the innate vs. choice issue. But first, a word about the continuum comment. The problem with the continuum is that is suggests linearity, or roughly level proportions, with people falling in equally along the scale. In fact, the “continuum” looks more like a barbell, with the hetero side of the barbell being substantially larger (roughly 17.97 times) than the gay side. The connecting bar portion comprises a much smaller proportion, and consists of bisexuals with some closer to the hetero side, others to the gay side. It is these people who may “choose” one team or the other. For those at either end of the bar bell, however, there is no choice to be made.

Those trying to eliminate gay marriage are, in effect, trying to influence the choice to be made by the few who are on the connecting bar; they will have no effect on either end.

I’d cite studies to support the truth of the foregoing but, in truth, I’m speaking from between my ample glutes.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote