View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #25
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP

Wild extrapolations? 70% of blacks thought OJ was innocent...after the trial, and it became taboo, and a running joke, for famous blacks to say "no comment" when asked about OJ if they thought he did it.

Recently I read an ESPN poll that 37% of blacks think Bonds never used steriods compared to 76% of white fans that believe Bonds did use steriods.

Newsflash, blacks and whites, as groups, see things differently and exploring those differences doesn't make someone ignorant, racist, or lacking experience.

The most ignorant line of thinking is submission to social taboos in an open forum. How else are you going to discuss what is generally happening without using generalizations? It's always fascinating to me that a black person and a white person can make the same argument, but it can only be publically discussed if it comes out of a black mouth.

When Bill Cosby talks about blacks needing to get fathers in the home, it becomes debatable. If I say that black need to get fathers in the home, I'll be labeled an ignorant racist that shouldn't generalize about people of color. Intellectually honesty gets thrown out the window when race is involved. Yeah, and I'm the ignorant one.

Last edited by Insensitive PAP; 08-28-2007 at 06:35 PM. Reason: clarity
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote