View Single Post
Old 10-13-2016, 08:42 PM   #7
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

This political season is beyond despairing to me.

The GOP has nominated the worst candidate in recent memory, and is cannibalizing itself.

The GOP may lose the Senate and the House.

The heir apparent is hostile to (i) markets, (ii) reasonable levels of taxation, (iii) most personal liberties, (iv) moderate to conservative judges, (v) reasonable foreign affairs, (vi) small business and wants a progressive interventionist policy of social reengineering.

The GOP has a dunderhead.

The point many of my friends and intellectuals make is, (a) the adversary will be Obama 2.0 who they claim wasn't so horrible (I disagree about his deficit and debt approach, and almost everything else), (b) just grin and bear it, or (c) drink heavily and often.

None of these options suit me well.

Gary Johnson has some upside, but can't win, but even he has weaknesses. Politics only has the capacity to make one unhappy and displeased with one's circumstances.

Voting for the top of the ticket is the most emotional aspect as that person in most instances has the least impact on a voter. For all the doom and gloom of Trump or Clinton, most of that person's acts will have minimal impact on us in the short term, though policies may impact us in the long term.

Hillary's tax policies will diminish business returns and capital investment. Her attack on inheritances is ironic given her penchant for building up an inheritance. A 65% inheritance tax is incomprehensibly large.