View Single Post
Old 02-05-2008, 04:04 PM   #58
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
I love how anyone who supports BYU or the Honor Code or Ecclesiastical leaders on this board is automatically branded a "mullah".

In all seriousness, I don't know a single alum who has as much vitriol for all things BYU as several members of this board headlined by Waters and Archaea. You guys are seriously an enigma to me. I have never met a person in real life who went to BYU and has anything but positive things to say about the whole experience (and I know a lot of BYU grads).

Unless you guys have been putting on an act for all these years, I suppose the anti-BYU alums are truly out there. But I've certainly never met them. Possibly because I'm drawn to people who tend to have a positive outlook on life.

If "mullah" = reserving judgment against the bishop until hearing his version of events (which we'll never get), then I'll wear the mullah badge with honor.

If "mullah" = not using the term "rentabishop", then sign me up for some more of that. It's definitely unique to be a BYU bishop, and they, like all bishops are not perfect, but I have too much respect for the office to ever use such a term.

Listen, it's possible this is a rogue bishop. If that is the case (again, we'll never know), and if I have been given ALL the facts at this point, then I would say he made a poor judgment. It's much more logical that there is much more the bishop is aware of - probably somewhere between attitude/disobedience and major sin. I don't know what it was.

I don't care who your sources are, unless they are the bishop and the kid (direct source - BOTH sides of story - we actually have neither at this point). If this kid confessed something to the bishop , your "sources" would NOT know about it. I don't know why that's so hard for you to understand.

This is a classic case of a one-sided story fitting your opinion of BYU and you and your ilk running with it. I refuse to make a judgment based on one side of the story.

That is all.

Late.
Nice rant, too bad most of it is not on point or relevant.

Neither Mike nor I have vitriol for BYU, just some of the provincial idiosyncrasies inherent in a school placed in Utah. If certain predictions are true, and I don't know enough, the situation may reverse itself.