Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2007, 11:25 PM   #49
Evangelical Lurker

Evangelical Lurker is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
A benign fraud? That sounds ok.

Whatever you are, welcome and don't take this as a bad start. It's pretty mellow artound here for the most part.

How am I a fraud? I have said nothing untrue. I've let you all know up front that I'm not Mormon. I have had Mormon friends but they have had far more problems with me, than I have had with them, despite the fact that I respect their faith and have said nothing against it. I am always so surprised when I get this kind of reaction.

I'm Baptist. Worse yet, I'm Southern Baptist. I have endured the seemingly required speeches given by ex-Mormans and decided for myself that the Mormans I knew seemed like regular God-fearing Christians to me. You have an extra book to go along with the Bible - OK. I'm fine with that. The Catholics I know have a few extra in their Bibles too, and sin of all sins, I've been known to read some of them - and learn something. I don't believe you are all going to hell, even if you do believe that I am.

Are you likely to convert me? Probably not - and I won't attempt to convert y'all. (which I do know is hopeless, as your church is much better at educating you all, than mine is)
Evangelical Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote