View Single Post
Old 10-21-2008, 04:38 PM   #17
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Because as a YM leader you are supposed to be teaching, and mentoring the priests in such a way that they will choose to serve honorable missions. I don't think that button of your's exactly fosters such an environment. Like I said, I agree with your what your Bishop did.

16, and 17 year old males think lots of things are really funny and cool. So what? Is that the standard by which we should judge everything to be appropriate or not at church? Geez...
I am teaching them that missions are optional. If they choose to serve, then by all means serve an honorable mission. But they dont have to go if they dont want to go. And they need to know that.

I definitely have talked to them about my mission. But i give them the real scoop....that missions are awesome, but sometimes they are hard work, sometimes boring, you get homesick, you miss dating women, lots of missionaries are disobedient, some of the local women flirt with you a lot, etc...a few priests have told me privately that I have told them things that their own parents had never told them about missions, but that they felt I was being straight-up with them. I don't see anything wrong with that.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote