Thread: A Call to Arms
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2008, 06:24 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ma'ake View Post
If it's easy & there is no paper trail, why not? The US is the main supplier of weapons in the drug wars that currently plague Mexico. It's much easier to get weaponry in the US than it is in most 3rd world nations. You don't even need to buy from a car trunk. Just go to a gun store or gun show.

I'm not saying that registration will prevent people from getting guns. We have far too much metal out there for that. But if you nail criminals who don't have registered guns, it's a start toward driving down violence.
Perhaps I'm wrong, but the point of registration is to create a paper trail, no? Why would any criminal bother to go through the legal process to get a gun? I'm guessing the majority of the most violent criminals already do buy their guns from a car trunk.

I know that having to register isn't going to prevent me from getting a gun, but the restrictive gun control laws won't stop criminals from getting a gun.

That's the point I was trying to make with my question.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote