Thread: on Blessings
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2008, 09:54 PM   #15
ERCougar

ERCougar is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Another example would be Prop 8.

I know some who don't care if gays want to get married, but they feel like they've been asked by their Church leaders, whether that be from The Office of The First Presidency or their local leaders to vote for it.

They feel that by following this based on just faith alone, that they'll be blessed for it.

Keep in mind these are individuals who aren't comfortable with the Proposition.

I would venture to guess that at one time or another most of us have followed counsel or commandment based purely on faith, even though it goes against our natural tendency to do otherwise...and I would venture to further guess that at one time or another most of us have been blessed for it in some form or another.

Faith is a powerful tool, and I guess I'm just not a fan of those who mock others for relying on this powerful prinicple at certain times in their lives.

I can tell with the trials in my life, that were it not for Faith and Resolution there's no way I'd still be a member of the church.
I agree in that we are asked to obey things we may not understand. However, we are promised that it will be confirmed in our heart and mind before doing so, and in my opinion, while understanding often increases after following the counsel, we get some inkling in both heart and mind before. If we don't expect this, we are nothing more than a cult.
ERCougar is offline   Reply With Quote