View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 02:49 AM   #28
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I'm glad that your company is paying for much of the care. But it sounds like he could have disabilities for many years, if not his whole life. Will your company commit to paying for life?

What if he needs 24hr care for the next 10 years?

My point is that these expenses can become enormous. And not every injured kid has private resources to turn to. And I'm very uncomfortable with letting kids die or languish because their parents don't have the money/insurance.
To say we are paying for most of the care is a HUGE overstatement and it is not even close. What I am saying is private funds should cover most of what he needs to cover initial costs of his health care. We are just a small drop in the bucket to what his life long health care cost will be.

I have no problem with medicare helping. Is anyone really saying that the govt. should not step in? Are you really saying there are people on here that are comfortable with letting kids die because of the parents financial situation?
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote