View Single Post
Old 01-03-2008, 01:57 AM   #15
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
My daughter can beat every boy in her school in basketball (she is in 6th grade). She and her friends routinely look for pickup games during recess just so that they can thump on some boys for fun. One day she and one friend took on seven fifth-grade boys and still beat the crap out of them. I tell her to get her licks in now, because it most certainly won't last forever.
I know we've been through this before. Where we live, I have a good handle on the athletes both boys and girls in that age range that cover a high school boundary, through my kids involvement on super league teams and through coaching myself. There's not a single girl in the 7th grade that would contribute on the boys 6th grade super league teams--basketball and soccer. The 5th grade boys soccer team played the 7th grade girls soccer team and hammered them. A team of 7th grade girls would struggle to ever get the ball past the half court line against the 6th grade boys team. Tackle football would be a slaughter. This difference became apparent much younger. The strength difference kicks in about 3rd grade. I'm really not partial because I have both a son and a daughter that are on the super league teams. Maybe we should have our teams scrimmage sometime.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote