View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 12:35 AM   #16
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan
The more you talk, the more puzzling and offensive it is to me that you enter the temple. At least Seattle and others are man enough to just about in the open about not believing. You on the other hand consantly state your unbelief and then go to the temple and do things that to some of us are sacred when you don't even believe in basic concepts like the true church.

I'm all for a big tent, but I have no idea why you continue your association with the church. I for one am bored with your immature and tortured takes on the gospel. Grow up. That is all.
What I can't figure out is if fus is trying to look intelligent by posing these questions, or just expressing his doubts.

I agree that some of his thoughts here are puzzling, for a lifelong member. "Authority" is a basic concept which most children can articulate. Exercising such authority is not tantamount to authority. If one does not believe the Church has authority, then one does not believe.

I'm okay with somebody not believing, but his mode of questioning is peculiar. Just be frank and state, I don't believe in God. I just believe in love, or whatever the emotion du jour is.

If life is as Seattle posts, mortals of short duration following a combination of myths created for the masses to be comforted and there is no hereafter, what's the harm in believing? Nobody will be changed any how?

If there is truth, i.e., knowledge of thigns as they once were, as they are now and as they will become, then it behooves us to find truth to act upon it. We can use our imperfect faculties to divine what truth we can and let the rest play out.