View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Obviously I wasn't in the room when the call was made, but as I understand it, it wasn't just homosexuality that was the issue. I recall he was excommunicated for apostasy.

On what specifically? No idea.
You're probably right, but at this point it mattereth not why he was ex'ed. Homosexuality probably would prevent his re-baptism, and that's my concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
To the best of my knowledge, he's not been a guy who ran and started his own church, or who has gone out of his way to deride the Church or its leadership. He has his conclusions, some of which I don't share, that may divert from the Church position, but I don't see the reason for excommunicating him. I would hope he'd be considered for readmission if my understanding is correct.
Yeah, he is still firm on the truth of the restoration. He documented JS's involvement with folk magic (among other things), which at the time would probably hurt the Church. Times have changed, and being perhaps the one most knowledgeable people on Mormonism and remaining a solid believer would be an asset to the Church.

Last edited by ChinoCoug; 10-13-2011 at 01:50 PM.
ChinoCoug is offline   Reply With Quote