View Single Post
Old 03-03-2016, 01:24 PM   #24
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
What makes you so high on Hillary's budget plan? I find her plan repulsive.

In terms of the Forbes Single Rate Tax, it would be a good plan if it were adopted but there is a lot of animosity toward a fair minded income tax structure. For some reason, progressives find it fashionable to say the top 25% which already pay 55% of the total tax burden must pay more. Really, how is that fair?

Rubio's is fantastical?

Additionally, Reagan showed you must start somewhere because you will always be negotiated down from where you start.
There is no Republican with a plan that can realistically balance the budget. Sanders' plan is poppycock, but that is par for course for the GOP.

Rubio will cut the top rate from 39% to 35%, give the middle class an even bigger cut, and collapse the tax brackets into only three. So far so good.

But then...eliminate the cap gains tax, inheritance tax, dividends tax...on his website I don't see any cuts that will pay for it. Maybe I missed something.

Cap gains is basically income from sitting on your bum. Why that shouldn't be taxed is beyond me.

The income inequality in this country is worsening. White males are dying from suicide and drug and alcohol poisoning at accelerating rates. That makes the vulnerable to demagoguery from the likes of Trump.

Last edited by ChinoCoug; 03-03-2016 at 01:31 PM.
ChinoCoug is offline   Reply With Quote