View Single Post
Old 07-26-2008, 05:21 AM   #34
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colly Wolly View Post
It's funny cause I'm actually reading shit like this in Atlas Shrugged right now. Interesting to see the parallels. Ayn Rand was something else.

Here are the problems I personally have with this statement.

I don't want to share wealth equally. I want to keep what I earn and what I'm worth, and let others do the same, be it more or less than me. I want only what I can earn for myself, nothing more and nothing less. And damn anyone to hell who thinks they deserve a piece of what's mine and means to take it from me by theivery or government redistribution.

The comment about "forging trade that truly rewards the work that creates wealth" scares the living shit out of me, and I think most of us here can read this for what it is. The market already does a pretty good job of doing this already, as the work that creates wealth is done by innovators and risk-takers, not unskilled labor. God Bless America for being what it is and has been - a place where creativity and innovation result in wealth and prosperity (among other things) for those that deserve it - NOT everybody. I'm left to wonder if we'll stay this way for much longer.
This sounds like my FIL again.

I am realizing why this sort of approach annoys me and confuses me so....

It is so extreme. It only allows for one approach....like mikewaters said, but with less profanity, "mine, mine, mine."

Reaping what you sow is definitely a gospel principle. But your approach seems completely skewed to the darwinist component of the law of the harvest. It is completely devoid of compassion or thought for anyone else but yourself. According to your philosophy, if you are weak, meek, or otherwise incapable of producing, that is your own problem.

I really hope I am misreading your post. If you dont mind, and I am being serious, can you help me identify the compassion in your post? The bigger spiritual picture that says, "yes, hey I have earned all of this, but maybe I don't NEED all of this, so I don't mind giving some of it up....not all of it, but some of it....because there are others who may need it and are not as capable as me of getting it."

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote