View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
The Psych Guy

The Psych Guy is on a distinguished road
Default Facebook Infidelity

As a fan of facebook, I am grateful to stay connected to old friends, convernts and companions from the mission, family, ect... I have heard the occational story of Facebook resulting in the reconnection of old boyfriends and girlfriends. In some cases, the rekindling of old flames. This can be problematic for individuals who are in relationships such as marriage. I never thought about it much until yesterday when I received a friend request from an exgirlfreind that I had years ago. We are both established with families (spouces and children) and their is no intention in my mind of starting a relationship. My gut reaction is to not friend her, but I also do not want to be mean to an individual that, at one time, meant a great deal to me. Ultimately, I recognized that there is not much good that can come from this, but there is the potential for a truck load of bad. Plus...the request was made on Valentines day (red flag) and I have no understanding of what is in her head. Better to let some things continue to fade into the either. I am currious of the experiences of others and if this is the kind of experience others have had to deal with and what were the decisions that were made?
The Psych Guy is offline   Reply With Quote