View Single Post
Old 10-10-2005, 05:57 PM   #1
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First ride on a triple.

ANd I am talking about a bicycle. We received our triple last week and took it out for a shakedown ride yesterday (I know if was the sabbath but I didn't finish putting it together until very late saturdya, curse you infernal soccer, and we just couldn't stand it anymore and had to ttry it out). We only went a few miles, but what a blast.

I know most of you are into fast riding, which I think is great, but there is some real fun to be had on tandems and triples. Moreover, they can offer very fast riding, depending on the bike and team composition. On the triple My eight year old, in the third position with crank shorteners, was absolutley ecstatic to be with us and we had a great time. Let me tell you that the bike is a slug going up hills (the 8 year old has no climbing ethic, yet) but man does it FLY going down the mildest incline. Incredible. Driving it (and on a triple it feels like you are driving, not riding) is like driving a bus. You hit a bump with the front wheel and it seems like 10 or 15 seconds before the second stoker feels it. Wild.

Anyway, the bike looks to be a lot of fun and is already a big hit with stoker two (and stoker one is just getting over sticker shock, so her positive reaction was muted).

If any of you wnat more info, let me know. We are planning on taking this to Solvang, btw, but with the 8 yo will probably only do the 1/2 century.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote