Thread: I dread the day
View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #33
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
This thread is hilarious if not pathetic. I hunt. I don't have season tickets to BYU because I spend nearly every Saturday from September to January hunting upland game.

I also like to camp and enjoy fishing to a certain extent. Does that make me more manly or tougher than a guy who doesn't like the outdoors? Hell no.

I hunt for two reasons...

1 - It's fun. There is nothing better than walking around the mountains with my Dad, my brother, (my kids when they get older) their dogs and my shorthaired pointer. Watching one of those dogs stop cold on point and then having 10 chuckars fly out of hiding, shooting 2 or 3 of them (on a good day) and then walking up and down the hills for more. It's fun and I get my fat ass a little exercise in the process. Sometimes I'll walk miles, just about killing myself in the process and never see a bird - even then, I'm with my dad and brother and I'm getting exercise. There's nothing better.

2. I enjoy going home, cleaning the birds and then cooking them up for my family that evening.
I understand doing it because you enjoy it. I don't enjoy it but don't want to taint my son's perceptions. If he will enjoy it, all things being equal, I want to support him and be involved. The whole point of this thread, to me, was to find out if others had figured out a way to do this.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote