View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 04:20 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBlue
Dare I say, I agree. I like you Mike, and appreciate your hosting this site. But the vitriol between you and Robin is having a negative effect. Just my humble opinion.
Why do you think he is here? Was he ever an active participant on CB before I started this site? No.

I put his account on suspension when he first signed up because I don't trust him. I have my reasons, and I keep them private.

So he goes onto cougarboard to expose my "hypocrisy" when I first started cougarguard.

And what he has done since then? Repeatedly attack me and attempt to divide the community. And I'm tired of it.

Robin 1) does not care about sports and 2) does not much care for Mormonism (he will disagree and parse this). Why is he here? I think it is obvious. And it is not to build a community and make friends.

Does Robin have many good traits? Yes. Does he have interesting, meaningful points of view? In my case I have heard them ad nauseum, so they are not interesting. But I can see how others would like to talk to him. And if that is what he brought here, that would be fine.

He is not banned from this site. He was suspended for 24 hours as punishment for his personal attacks and name-calling. He has informed me that he has chosen to leave the site. I think that alone demonstrates his commitment to decent dialogue.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote