View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie
Just when this board starts to grow on me because it allowed completely open discussions related to BYU, the church, etc., this happens. C'mon, why suspend someone on this board? Was Robing dropping f-bombs or something? Or did he offend you? He who takes offense when none is intended is a fool. He who takes offense when offense is intended is also a fool.
You don't know his history on this board. He engaged in behavior that he describes as a "social experiment" in anti-social behavior (no I am not making this up, these are his words), where he basically attacked everyone and everything and was generally despicable (this after being voted down on admission to Cryptic Permutations forum). After this continued for an embarrassingly long time, I received many requests to ban him. Eventually I suspended him, and he deleted all the posts he had ever made (another childish act). He was acting in a way designed to disrupt and destroy the community.

I decided to let him back in. On a "short leash." He promised to behave differently. And while his behavior has not been as bad as it was, he still engages in attacks, obscenity, jabs against the church, etc.

This community is governed by mutual respect and courtesy. Of course there will be those that come to divide and destroy. Just as we suffer murderers and criminals in society. Unfortunately, this requires police and law enforcement. I don't like being the police, but sometimes, for the greater good, I must step in.

Robin is not the only poster who is guilty of engaging in behavior detrimental to the cougarguard community. But given his past antics, he is in his own category. I understand that he has decided to leave cougarguard. This is just a formality. I would submit that he was never really part of cougarguard. His lack of respect demonstrated that.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote