View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 12:31 AM   #38
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Well, I would not agree that only republicans are that way. I find stupidity to be fairly non-partisan.

I still dont get the ire against the kid who impregnates 3 girls, as it relates to this discussion. I dont see any correlation at all. NBA players have impregnated more women than that. People do it all the time. Since when does deportation come up in that discussion? Why would it even be relevant?

That would have been a more interesting way to end Juno. Instead of pushing forward with the adoption, she should get deported because we find out all of a sudden that neither she nor her boyfriend are documented.
I can explain the ire directed at the kid from my point of view - I am the father of a 15 year old girl. By removing his unit, he couldn't impregnate another girl. And if NBA players are unwilling to support the kids they are having around the country, I'd do the same to them. It's all about taking responsibility for one's actions.

Never seen Juno, nor is there a desire to see it.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote