View Single Post
Old 01-12-2007, 07:02 AM   #33
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Hey Aaron,

When are you going to stop the cutting and pasting and actually use some of your own thoughts/words? I am genuinely curious.

Thanks in advance.
I agree also. This here and there isn't very productive.

C'mon Aaron, share with us what you believe and why you believe it. You've obviously made great sacrifices to be where you are and spend a lot of time in your missionary efforts.

But I don't want any of this "Joe Smith married women who were already married" or "Joe Smith was a money digger" or "Brigham Young was a racist." If you review the religion threads you'll see we've discussed this all ad nauseum.

I may be mistaken, but I think you're the first real "Evangelical" to grace us with his/her presence, so I'm curious about your view of The Gospel as taught by The Savior. What do you believe constitutes Christianity and why do you believe that?

Don't shy away from the opportunity.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.

Last edited by myboynoah; 01-12-2007 at 12:22 PM.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote