View Single Post
Old 07-24-2008, 04:37 PM   #2
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
Now that's from Atencio the VP of Affliction, but over 100k PPV buys, over 3 million live gate, seems like they hit the ball out of the park.

Better for all of us MMA fans, this should mean that the UFC will put on better cards (no more Leben vs Bisping main events on PPV cards, puhleeeeese), will show more top level fighters for free on UFN's (like Silva last Saturday), and maybe just maybe open up their contracts to allow both non-UFC fighters to fight in the UFC and lend their fighters to fight in other organizations.
Where'd you find those numbers? I saw barely a $2 million dollar gate figure on Sherdog. They doled out over $3.3 million to the fighters alone. Ben Rothwell received a quarter million for his fight. That is ridiculous. Barnett and Lindland made $300,000 also. Arlovski made a half a million plus another quarter million for his win.

There is no way that Affliciton can survive paying this much. I'd be very surprised if those PPV buys were that high.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote