View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 02:48 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

This news has gotten very little play in my social network, which includes both liberals and conservatives.

Could be many reasons for this. For example, it was not a well known event. It hasn't gotten a lot of media attention. So some people that might want to put it out there just don't know about it.

But then I look at bycommonconsent.com and they are dangerously close to ignoring this news altogether.

I think to a large degree, everyone in Mormonism thinks this is a loser issue. Both liberals and conservatives. Trumpeting about not blessing the children of gay parents hardly feels Christian/Mormon, even to the conservatives. And the liberals are so beat down and demoralized that they can't muster the energy to deal with this.

I dare say, that in my short life, this the worst place that Mormonism has ever been in. It feels like no one is in charge. Particularly starting with that half-cocked press release on considering dumping the Boy Scouts, that was snarky and deceitful.

I don't think I'm going too far in saying that there is an undercurrent of a real crisis of confidence right now.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote