View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 04:15 AM   #5
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Pruning shears can be your friend.

The bigger problem will be where it is in relation to the house. It does better with full exposure to the sun.
Thanks, you've given me some comfort. I bought this big tree from the nursery at the last possible minute last Spring, before the leaves came out. My little boy was with me and it hung out the back of our van, with a red ribbon around the top. He calls it our tree. I planted it strategically to get a slice of sun for a few hours morning and afternoon each direction (when there's sun), though this tree doesn't need a lot, and give us more privacy vis-a-vis the neighbor's balcony in summer. But I had to wedge the root ball in between a rock retaining wall and my foundation. We hadn't thought anything could grow there.

It's grown like crazy. But some people are trying to carve into my (and my boy's) joy, saying it's too close to the house. It's pure rock all around the hole I dug mostly by removing boulders.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote