View Single Post
Old 06-11-2008, 04:31 PM   #6
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalCoug View Post
Yeah, I definitely noticed the '*' there. The two funds with the 'too good to be true' returns at the top are obviously new funds and only have 2-3 months of actual performance. I think that's a large part of the reason why they only require a $1K minimum. The other two have longer performance histories. In all my research with Forex managed accounts though the minimum requirements I've seen have typically been $5K or $10K though. I guess I must be searching out the peasant funds......
Well there are some great funds with small minimums. My favorite fund has a $250 minimum and a 3 year return of 14% and five year of 10% through yesterday. Not bad when you consider the last year through yesterday has been lousy.

What I am saying though is that a fund that can get that high of returns (forex funds) has to be very nimble to do so. If a fund is huge, they can't be nearly as nimble. That is why they tend to require large minimums. They don't want to raise the kind of money the huge large cap funds do.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote