View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 08:18 PM   #3
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post
Do you have a budget figured out yet?

With the trainer, you shouldn't spend more that $100-150 for a magnetic or fluid resistance model. Any brand and make would be okay. Check out Performance. They usually have some decent deals on this kind of thing.

If you really want a nice set-up for biking, get a computrainer. This is a computer adjusted resistance unit that has it all, including pre-programmed Tour de Frances stages to ride. You can get either a traditional resistance unit, or you can get something more like a stationary bike. Here you're probably looking more in the $500-2000 range.

I don't know much about treadmills. Personally I despise them and would rather run outdoors year-round. But we get a good snowfall once every 2 or 3 years, so all I ever have to deal with is the occasional freezing temps and rain.
Thanks. Wow, that computrainer looks very cool. That is tempting.

We get lots of snow and ice here so it is tough to run outside in the winter. I don't mind treadmills. Especially if I can watch the news or something.