Thread: Race Report: 5K
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
pelagius

pelagius is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Nice work P-lag. I always get caught up in the first mile too and usually pay for it at the end. Arch says though that we amateurs usually run better times with that method than trying to save something at the beginning and increasing speed later. That's a good time for a hilly course and I know you're a big dude. Now when are you going to get an iPod and join our challenges?
Ya maybe the fast start didn't hurt me that much by I think it did at least some. If I could have held myself back to around 3:50 I think I would have been in a lot better shape.

The middle two miles of the course were pretty brutal. The peak elevation was at the 1.5 mile mark but the middle two miles are just a series of rolling hills. The course is along the Scioto river here in town so at least its a scenic run. I am tempted to run a 5k on a flat course at the end of August just to see what I can do with a flat course and a better mileage base (I think you would find my mileage base horrifying).

No iPod for me because the iPods don't really play nice with Linux. I guess I could pick up the wristband though. If I become more consistent about running I think I will probably do that.

Last edited by pelagius; 08-02-2008 at 05:11 PM.
pelagius is offline   Reply With Quote