Thread: Kaveinga
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 08:10 PM   #45
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Well there's no accounting for some people's sense of humor I suppose.
BDB, I just get a kick out of your over-the-top statements. I never pegged you for a troll, but that was troll 101.

If you want a serious answer, here are a few things about SC that do not scream ghetto. I will use BYU as a benchmark since I know you are a fan of BYU:

1. Better business school and law school. Likely better all around academics, period
2. More prestigious graduate research programs with much larger annual endowment
3. Average salary of exiting students much higher
4. Tuition is about 10 times as much per year as BYU, thereby attracting some of the wealthiest families to send their kids.
5. One of the greatest athletic traditions in all NCAA in all sports...championships, heismans, etc.
6. Old facilities....because the team has been playing for a long long time. And winning.
7. I've been to countless SC home games. The PAC does not allow beer sales at its home games. I am sure you know this. I have rarely come across terrible behavior, at least any worse than any other stadium.
8. when BYU played at SC, I sat in the BYU section, wore BYU gear, etc. we were treated very well by everyone. I havent heard many people (besides you) complain of their treatment when they went to that game.
9. The campus is in an awful part of town. No getting around that one. The campus itself is really nice. Not sure if you have ever walked around on it.
10. Not sure about the knock on the players. It looks like Reggie took cash, but I cant remember the last time SC was in trouble because its players were violent or getting arrested (Mark Sanchez snuck into the bar when he was a frosh). In contrast, BYU most recently has had rape allegations, or at the very least, group sex.

I could go on and on. Like i said, anytime someone uses the phrase "dumping ground of human debris" and is not TIC, the post is high on the unintentional comedy scale.

Fight On!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote