Thread: Mike/Archaea
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 08:38 PM   #15
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
We have already been through this recently. Vbulletin does not have a built in mechanism for administrators to read PMs. I am not reading, have never read, and pledge not to read PMs.

Having said that, the PMs of course exist in a database which is password protected, but not encrypted. I would not put anything of a personal nature in them that you can't afford to see the light of day, just like email. They are subpoenable, I assume.

VBulletin does allow for admins to expunge inboxes.
You cant read them? Can you see them without opening them? Do you change user specs of individuals? Have you done that in the past? Any particular reason for it? Seems like a slippery slope.

The bigger issue is not the technical capabilities of vbulletin.....but why do multiple people here suspect that you are reading their personal info? Doesnt seem like the type of atmosphere you would want here, no? Maybe I am wrong. You were the one who called yourself Demiurge.

This kind of stuff is bad for business. Maybe you have found a way to prevent new people from coming here. Simply override any measure of personal privacy someone has here and change perferences, look at PMs, etc..although doing such doesnt fit your proletariat mojo....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote