View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 06:40 PM   #10
Judge Smails

Judge Smails is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Why is it that the people who are uncomfortable criticizing BYU in this situation are so very comfortable speculating on the morals (especially as related to fornication) of this kid?
Gimme a break. I clearly stated this was hypothesis. Are you suggesting I can't even suggest there's a more logical explanation, because that would imply I'm judging the guy.

Do you believe he was kicked out of school because of 60% church attendance? Seriously?

If it did all go down the way the Trib and Daddy say it did, then yes, BYU and/or this Bishop is to blame in this circumstance, but I would hope you'd be smart enough to recognize there are ALWAYS two sides to any controversy. In this case, we've only heard one side, and that's all we will ever hear. To fall hook, line, and sinker after hearing that one side is foolhardy at best.

For a message board whose posters tend to pride themselves on their intellect, I would expect more out of some of you. (again, I've only read 3 or 4 posts on the topic, and am projecting those opinions onto the rest of the board).