View Single Post
Old 04-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #11
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Chicken View Post
That's the great thing about running. There's always someone slower than you. The other great thing is that there's also always someone faster too.
Speaking of that, there's a lady I know who was talking to me a few weeks ago about running the half marathon I ran last weekend. She wasn't sure she wanted to do it, because she didn't want to finish last. I laughed it off and assured her there was no way she would finish last, that there was zero percent chance of that happening.

So I saw her at the start of the half on Saturday when she said hi to me. That night as I was looking at the results online, I looked her time up.

She finished last. She did a 15:18/mile pace, and finished over 20 minutes later than the person in front of her. I feel bad that I just laughed when she was talking to me. But on the plus side, she finished the race. I'll be seeing her at a little league baseball game this weekend, and I'm planning on challenging her to keep running and do the same race next year. I'm going to keep bugging her, too, because no way can I let her only race be one in which she finished dead last.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote