View Single Post
Old 08-05-2006, 05:10 PM   #40
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte
Hmmm. I think that's my point, isn't it? You can capture essentially the width and breadth of real substance that they put out in almost no time at all.
Um, sure... And if you carry some bias with your excess baggage, you can cut your study time down to almost nothing and still come to a firm, confident conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte
By the way, I do find it personally offensive, even creepy that FARMS tries to appropriate the Dead Sea scrolls as a means to advancing their agenda. They have added zilch to genuine Dead Sea scrolls research.
Why is this "personally" offensive? And why do you automatically assume that the sole purpose of the interest in the scrolls from that group is to "advance their agenda"? Could it be that they simply find it a fascinating object of study (like thousands of other scholars)? I am not an authority on the FARMS books on this topic, but I am starting to suspect I may have studied it as much as you have.