View Single Post
Old 09-10-2007, 04:33 PM   #15
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
Maybe I should use these money saving principles in the rest of my life. When I go to pay my restaurant bill - Ask the owner to see the actual prices of the food, figure the actual time the chef spent in cooking my food, then negotiate what I will pay. I figure I could also save some cash on the tip. $60 dinner X .20 % = $12. The waitress spent maximum of 10 minutes on me. That's $72 per hour. What a rip off! I could have gotten that drink refill on my own. Man, restaurants screw you. They spend way too much money advertising. Their volume must be too low. Too many restaurants. Hopefully the market will correct itself and drive some of these restaurants out of business so we can have lower prices. We all know less competition equals lower prices.
Someone making $72 I can live with. I've paid plumbers $200 an hour, which is tough, but sometimes you're stuck. I paid a doctor $1,200 for a 20 minute surgery. That's tough, too, but what can you do? I'm not going to pay a loan officer $6,000 for a day's worth of work if I have other options.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote