Thread: About the wolf
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2008, 12:07 AM   #10
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levin View Post
Pure tripe.

Shows how ignorant you are: the wolf recovery program was not conceived or implemented by snivelly bureaucrats, but by an increidbly large amalgam of groups and voices -- including many ranchers. This is public decisionmaking at its best. It's just that people like Landpoke can't stand -- it almost makes GoatNapper lose his taste for plastic -- the fact that other vested interests took part in the discussion. Interests who are no AWOL in some foreign land, but who have sunk a ton of resources, time, and energy into making the house beautiful.

Landpoke's no democrat -- he's an autocrat.
Were we talking exclusively about the wolf recovery program? Apart from the title of the thread, it seems not. I am not familiar with the details of the program, but I am familiar wiht the ferderal government's willingness to dictate to westerners what should be done with their lands. I concur that some compromises are necessary, but I think locals should have a signficant say and to suggest that ranchers all desecrate the land by the nature of their enterprise (as I perceive you have done, admitting I have only skimmed your posts) is, likewise, pure tripe. Maybe the wolf should be introduced. Maybe this will be good in the long run. Maybe the intruoduction needs ot be more moderate. Either way, I prefer that the locals have the most say in the administration of the plan. That's all.

Btw, there are mnay posts showing how ignorant I am, so you should probabyl try a little harder to insult me.