View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #32
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Nice. How convenient for you.

My lack of discussion has nothing to do with "all emotion - no logic". It's just that we seem to have had this discussion so many times that I see no point in debating it further.
To an extent, but your side has basically stated, "Gee, how can we let all those people suffer." The debate from your side has always been emotion based. And arguments made for public consumption may be appealling but they still lack logic. Case in point, you delivered a very logical, scientific approach to debunking the conspiracy theorists who use emotion and illogic in discussing the demolition of the WTC. However, nobody from your side ever comes close to that level of detail for foreign policy and nobody has any level of understanding of nation-building, intervention techniques, anthropology and sociology. Now I'm not arguing I have all the answers, because I don't but those matters are of some interest to me, as they involve how I examine certain investment opportunities. Yet, we see hoya, an otherwise intelligent guy, going off emotional, without resorting to any form of intellectual analysis on this one. He's simply wrong.

It has never stated a proposition, based on experience that shows the principles which one supports have EVER been successful or even can be successful.

As Utah Dan stated, it is ironic for those who desire intervention in Sudan or in other places in Africa, where the US has no economic or strategic interests, also oppose intervention where the US has economic or strategic interests.

Last edited by Archaea; 11-30-2006 at 03:52 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote