View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 03:08 PM   #32
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
Humor me and let’s suppose we are considering the hole in the doughnut, and not the doughnut itself; so therefore it is irrelevant that Marxists ‘believe in the objective’ for we are willing to explore the notion that a Marxist can be sensitive to the relative. And what if Marxism wasn’t a revolutionary philosophy but also is just another aspect of the dominant ideology? In other words Marxism is a product and a part of the grand narrative. And yes I would claim; “that [the Marxists] ideas were more relative than he knew”, not because I am an eccentric post modernist but because I wish, though impossible it might seem, to be a relativist Marxist!

The very purpose of this venue is to foster and develop one’s own private language –you can’t take that away from me, nor even attempt it unless you recognize your only recourse is to label me ignorant or worse; and that is not productive. It is wonderfully absurd to imagine this venue as something more than a form a wikipedia (Barbara shutters) … however this forum is no more grandiose than any other Walmart of Internet repositories … except maybe Cougarguard is a form of Target

Again this thread is not about Marxism and was started by an individual who vehemently refuses to be categorized, codified or lumped into a general category so as to facilitate prosecution, so therefore I reject your attempts at narrow interpretations of Marxism vs. relativism, postmodernism etc. Perhaps I should bill for an independent studies Art Exploration class –of course at some point you will have to produce a painting or sculpture, or something before I can award credit

Oh, and Merry Christmas everyone ... I better go and clean the toilets and prepare the house for guests or this Marxist/relativist/eccentric postmodernist will find a lump of coal under the tree in the morning
For Marxists the doughnut (hole and all) is a fetishized commodity. If ever there was someone with a doughnut fetish, it's you!

Seriously, I've got to run but I'll elaborate later.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote