View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 05:27 PM   #17
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I know we've gotten screwed in our seeds in the past, but I see no logical reason for it, and don't expect it to happen in the future. We've had gaudy RPI's in the past that didn't match our power ratings, but we've now moved up to #32 in my power ratings. That's an 8 seed, and it should only improve as the abysmal 5-4 start gets diluted into more games.

I believe we'll get a 8-9 seed if we only lose three more games and a 10-11 seed if we lose four more games. Even that would be below what power ratings would suggest.

I've been very impressed with Ainge's ball control since the Broadus suspension. If you look at my NBA productivity stats, Broadus was actually the worst of the core 8 players. Ainge has flourished with the continuity and confidence as the #1 guy, and his stats and play was already better than Broadus.

I wonder if part of the improvement is similar to the old adage of not having two quarterbacks. I have never felt that BYU ran a significantly different style with Ainge versus Rashaun, but perhaps it is helping familiarity and that is making the offense more effective with one pg playing 35 minutes verus two playing 20. I don't know, but I do know that Ainge's performance will have a big impact on how BYU finishes. So far he is playing better than I thought he would. Tuesday nite and SDSU will be big challenges for Ainge.

I am not so upset about the screwing over seeds, BYU shot itself and had nobody to blame but itself both times. I really think that if BYU finishes this year with only three more losses at most they should get higher than a 12 and winning is more likely. To be really safe, only two more losses is what I would like to see. Lose to SDSU in San Diego and then lose to UNLV in the conference final.