Thread: BYU vs UNC
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 12:41 AM   #36
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I was frustrated by the last 7 minutes of the game. It seemed as if BYU was losing their nerve. They would run down, throw up a quick three (which would lead to UNC transition points), then inbound, then run down and throw up a quick three.

I know BYU can shoot the three, but try to count the number of times the ball went through Plaisted in the last 7 minutes. Almost none. That is on the coach. He needed a time out to remind the guys that Plaisted was BYU's best player and he should have a chance in every offensive set.

Still, hard to complain. BYU more than held their own against a sensational UNC team. This BYU team could be the best of my lifetime.
You're right Cali, seems like they freaked a bit, kind of like Peter on the water (intentional religious comparison here). I kept thinking, work it into Plaisted first, and then see what happens; but the missed threes kept coming. I think they got way anxious at the end, not knowing how to finish.

I hope this team can improve and that this isn't as good as they get.

What an amazing two days in Cougar Basketball.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote