Thread: bYuPride
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2006, 03:53 PM   #16
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE
Attending the U cheering for the Y...

I just don't get it... I can see being a BYU fan when BYU plays somebody else, but the U is your school.

This is my problem with the U. The campus experience (its "commuter" nature) does not do enough to create nostalgia and loyalty.

I became a big Ute fan because I decided to get really involved at school. I was involved with the largest student group on campus.... drum roll.... LDSSA! It is sad to me that LDSSA doesn't even gather enough people and create enough of an experience to "convert" people like you.

I understand tradition... I can see why a guy would root for BYU even though they did not go there (I have friends who root for ND because their 3rd cousin is Irish). But I still wish that the U could produce a more endearing experience.
when it comes to sports, i never looked at BYU vs. Utah being school vs. school. it was always, the bad guys wore red and the good guys wore blue! it was more of a team thing. now that i'm attending the u, that really hasn't changed.

as far as being involved in school, i as well was in LDSSA, in fact that's where i met my wife. LDSSA is actually doing really well these days. and greek row is really pissed off about it.

i think the u produces a great experience. there are a lot of passionate fans up there and it's great. as for me, the line was drawn in the sand a long time ago. i will always be a Cougar.
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote