View Single Post
Old 08-14-2007, 03:30 PM   #5
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
I want the US to overhaul their legal immigration process to allow more people to immigrate legally and to make it less difficult and time-consuming to do so.

The handful of Latinos in my branch that have immigrated legally have gone through such hell that I can easily understand why many more don't try to come in legally.

A member from Ecuador had to wait 20 years after his parents and younger siblings came legally to the US before he could get approved (because he wasn't a minor at the time). Once he got in, his three daughters followed a couple of months later but his wife couldn't because of a paperwork foul-up. Now, they have been in the US for a year without their wife/mother.

This is one of many reasons why people don't bother coming legally to the US.
While I consider myself a conservative, I don't ally myself with the right wingers or religious right. Much the same as I don't ally myself with the right wingers or religious right at BYU. They think they are so principled that they don't understand the concept of compromise. That sometimes is the problem with people who think God is directing them.

Those on the right who didn't help Bush on the immigration thing I am not too fond of.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote