View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 11:10 PM   #8
Filsdepac

Filsdepac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Thus far, some revenue raisers that have been suggested include several significant changes in the taxation of private equity investments. Foremost, the legislation would raise an estimated $25.6 billion over 10 years by requiring investment fund managers to treat income received from carried interests as compensation taxed as ordinary income and subject to payroll taxes to the extent that it does not represent a reasonable return of investment. Capital gains rates would still apply to the amount that represents a reasonable return on capital.
That's what I'm talking about! Sorry, I should have been more specific. I had heard that the carry on investment disposals that the general partners at VCs take will be taxed at 44%. I knew it was for only the very high earners, just couldn't remember the specifics.

I'm auditing a VC right now, and the tax people were talking about this when I overheard it. I really need to brush up on my tax stuff, I passed the Reg portion of the CPA exam a year ago, but forgot everything.

Off topic, just curious if this quote thing works as easily as it seems:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Utah sucks and will be destroyed by BYU.
Filsdepac is offline   Reply With Quote