Thread: Frank Jackson
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 08:11 PM   #8
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Frank Jackson, this, FJ that. So boring. That's why I don't pay attention to recruiting. It almost always end up in disappointment.
Other than Parker and now Jackson's decommitment I can't think of many real recruiting disappointments in basketball. Football is another story. We're definitely not getting as many higher caliber LDS players as we were getting before Bronco.

And really, once any player gets ranked in the top 20 of their class almost no team outside of the exclusive club of Kentucky, Duke, UNC and a couple of others really have a realistic shot anyway. We're still doing pretty well over the last 2-3 years with top 100 LDS guys ranked #30 on down. The thing there is that except for one year of Eric Mika, none of those guys have played yet.

I suppose you can talk about Jordan Loveridge, and it's likely very un-PC of me, but one look at his supersized tattoos on his arms makes me think he probably wasn't exactly looking for immersing himself in the BYU culture. That's not in any way to judge his character or morality. I don't really care. It's just an observation and a strong clue, IMO, that he probably doesn't consider BYU to be his ideal scene. He grew up in Utah and knows the culture and where he would likely feel most comfortable. And then his teammate Chapman wasn't LDS. Both guys we tried hard for, but in the end they probably are happier at the U, and that's ok. Ultimately Payton Dastrup changed his mind and signed with BYU for the same reason. He went with where he felt he'd be happy.

Last edited by BlueK; 06-10-2015 at 08:48 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote