View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 04:31 PM   #13
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
Who do you think will be on the WR two-deep in fall? Obviously Collie and Reed will be the big two, but who will be the next two? Chambers? Ashworth? Hafoka? White? Kozlowski?

Also, I assume that Mahuika will get most of the available snaps at the slot that aren't taken by the TEs (who I assume will take most). Who will be behind him? Probably doesn't matter too much, since Mahuika only got one reception last year, and will probably be in single digits again, even with the swtch of So'oto.
I think you see BYU play 2 wideouts on most formations and occasionally 3. With Keneauka Friel and Pitta and George, not to mention adding a hopefull fully healthy Fui along with JJ to the running back corps it is likely that 3 of the 5 elgible skill players will either be tight ends or backs every play.

Saying that I see BYU playing 4 wideouts any amount next year. I figure they will be Collie, Reed, Ashworth and Chambers. Ashworth didn't do much in 2005, but he is experienced and physical. I would see BYU leaning heavily upon Reed and Collie for the first few games and then seeing more and more of Ashworth and Chambers, probably at the expense of less and less of Michael Reed.