View Single Post
Old 07-15-2008, 10:23 PM   #23
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
I told you the kind of hours he works. He leaves before the kids get up and gets home after they are asleep(and doesn't always even go home) 6 days a week (and on the 7th, of course, is at church). The fact that it's a gov job means he can't make much $$. It's not possible in a gov job, though he has a prestigious position.

Cooperative parenting is where both parents care for and nurture their children. This concept is NOT embraced by the LDS culture at large and only slightly poked at by the larger society.
You can almost certainly find his salary listed publicly.

I don't think saying "I am grateful my daddy works hard to provide for us" is the same as saying "I am grateful he is gone all the time." It may be showing gratitude for the sacrifice of the father in missing time with his kids in exchange for providing a financially good life for his kids. I would say cut the guy some slack. I doubt you know his situation as well as he does, and people frequently work a terrible job as a "downpayment" for a better job in the future that will be more lucrative and less time-consuming.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote