View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 12:36 AM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
I don't really pay attention to anything Packer said before he was senile anyway. But I have enjoyed his more recent talks.
I understand the angle Packer was trying to make, but I don't believe he considered enough angles, or perhaps, they are simply too difficult to tackle for a large organization.

I am sympathetic to the Arrington approach, not fearing truth. But as my hypothetical of "would you disclose, if you discovered incontrovertible evidence that Christ did not exist, to the world", shows, it's not as easy a bridge to walk.

And not all truths are equal, IMHO. If a man is a great statesman, commits adultery in private and is reconciled with wife, should that fact, a truth be revealed? Of course, during Clinton administration, the Republicans were certain as to that answer. Lewinsky is not that simple an answer, but what I'm saying is balancing all the interests is easy, when you're doing it from our armchairs posting anonymously.

And my opinion probably tracks that of Arrington more so that Packer, but administratively I understand his concerns, but simply do not agree with the answers he formulated.