View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 02:15 AM   #50
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Waters, I just remembered something Eyring said in one of his talks, that the Brethren often disagree and have lively discussions but that ultimately they don't take action unless they're unanimous. He referenced some decision where they couldn't reach unanimity and pushed the issue off for further discussion until there could be. I hate to say it, but this decision was likely unanimous. The old "cannot look upon sin with any degree of allowance" angle won. You saw that and heard that in Christofferson's statement (what a horribly edited video, by the way. Amateur hour and hastily put together). Did nobody raise the teachings of the savior regarding children?

I repeat, the comet has struck. The dinosaurs are on their way out. With social media and the Internet, the death will be accelerated. If the Internet were around in the 70s during the Priesthood ban, we'd all be Episcopalians or Catholic.

I'm being dramatic but this hurts. This is probably the worst thing the church could have done. Punishing children because they don't want members to see gay families acting as families. But we see it all the time anyway. Monson said Prop 8 was the church's Gettysburg. This is the Church burning down Atlanta before Sherman can even get to it.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12

Last edited by Levin; 11-10-2015 at 02:20 AM.
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote