View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 10:09 PM   #45
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
It was Orson Hyde who prophesied that a real test would come in the last days and half of church members would fall away, and Presidents Young, Kimball, Benson and Hinckley quoted it. I suppose this may be it. Likewise, many early church members struggled with the polygamy issue, refusing to participate. And we will prove them herewith to see if they do all things The Lord commands them. The Lord tried and tried Abraham again and again, and Joseph in Egypt, and Moses, and Paul, and Joseph Smith, and so many others. It's unfortunate that over recent decades, the church went from being peculiar, to having missionaries who will baptize anyone who wants a free meal, and look what we have now. Prophets have said again and again to feast upon the scriptures, read daily, attend the temple as often as you can, but instead the members picked those things apart.

No wonder over the past three years, the brethren placed such heavy emphasis on following the prophet. Not following celebrities on Twitter to see what the youth like.
I've got bad news for you. Half of the members have already fallen away. There's >400 members in my ward boundaries and about 150 who attend. This is typical.

Oh, you mean that half of the currently active members will fall away. Which means that there will be less than 25% of the members left. Perhaps better yet, it can be squeezed down to 144,000 who can pack in and around Jackson County reading the latest Julie Rowe conspiracy theories on their smart phones.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote